Monday, July 20, 2015

What an Amazing Dean can't do?

Good Morning,

For the past few days, I have been reflecting on what my biggest concerns are for the race and what I need to work on before I go on the race. These "fears" are things I want to

Overcome..
Be better at...



For starters, For example, I can't ride a bike..
SURPRISE!!
While I know that there are many people in this world that cant ride a bike, there is a still a small stigma about those who don't know how to ride a bike. In general for many adults it is a product of never learning or in general a fear of the mechanics of a bike. In fact I learned how to drive before I learned how to ride a bike. This summer I have signed up to take an adult learn to ride bike class. I hope to that this will allow me to master a bike in time for the race since on every edition of the race, someone has to ride a bike..

The next thing I need to overcome...I can't Swim...


I never learned how to Swim while I was growing up, for my family while we did travel to the beach every summer, there was a silly fear my parents had that the Coney Island waters were dangerous. In addition, I never knew about Community Pools, where I could learn. This summer and throughout the year, I plan to take swimming lessons! As I know I will need it. 

Finally...I can't drive Stick!


Stick Shift has always been something most people don't know to do. For me, I feel like its a requirement since most of the world using manual versus the United States.


Over the next few months, I will be documenting my progress on these things, so watch out! I will be become better and stronger...

Kevin 

No comments:

Post a Comment