Monday, July 27, 2015

Challenges are meant to be conquered!

In life, we are all faced with unique and interesting challenges. Life usually presents us with a mountain to climb and ask us to conquer that. Or sometimes it presents us with a Hulk...:)



Either way sometimes we end up like this....


Of course what we realize is that it is never easy. Recently I was tasked with conquering one of the biggest challenges in my life...heartbreak. A few months ago, my ex broke up with me and it was one of the most difficult moments in my life.

Sometimes I feel like Loki here...beat up, exhausted and maybe a little frustrated, but sometimes life throws these challenges our way and sometimes we are just not ready to face them. We can have everything going for us, a great job, semi-good looks, a good family, a great home...but it can take that one impossible task to set us back. The one thing that will make us/remind us that we are only human. I realize that my greatest challenge so far in life is moving past this in the most healthy way.

I have a hard time learning the following..."I'm only human, I'm not perfect." In one of my earlier posts I had mentioned that I wanted to be the very best for the Amazing Race..., but in my opinion, being the very best isn't being perfect. One of my mentors once told me,

"true growth isn't demanding perfection, but rather insisting on continuous improvement"

I want to grow and become stronger, I want to move on in the best way possible and ultimately I want to compete on the Amazing Race. My development for the race starts in stages..

1. Mental Development
2. Spiritual Development
3. Physical Development



The first stage, begins now...its tackling the interpersonal problems I have in my life and finding the most healthy to deal with them.

How do we face our challenges?

This is the hardest question to answer but throughout my recent challenges I came up with a few suggestions. The first came from one of my best friends in the world...

Seek help, when you need it and accept help when you get it..

This is probably the hardest thing to do in life, whenever we are faced with our greatest challenges, we believe we have to face it alone...the truth is we are never truly alone..


Ask for help when you need it, because if you never ask you never get, and sometimes it's important to get out of your own way to reach your goals and challenges

The next piece of advice I received from another one of my close friends..

Be patient with yourself...

Sometimes we get frustrated when nothing goes right, we want to throw in the towel. But the truth is, growth is not meant to be easy, its not meant to be fast, it can take a lifetime to truly develop..and even if we think we have made it to the end of our development.


My final piece of advice is to...

Change your perceptions..

Sometimes a mountain can be a hill...its all about perception..It all about your attitude towards it. Making the conscious choice to change your perception is never easy, but I found out recently that there are a few concrete. ways of facing your own challenges.. (Credit: http://www.wikihow.com/Face-Challenges




In the end...no matter where we are in our lives, and where we going to be...Challenges are meant to be conquered! Now it's time to face mine and I hope that this post will help you to face yours..



Thanks, 
Kevin 

No comments:

Post a Comment